Making something creative for dinner usually takes a bit of time, this is one recipe that doesn’t. My whole family loved our Kielbasi Sundae’s, and they are very quick and easy. It’s also alot of fun to make.
- Mashed Potatoes (however you choose to make them)
- Kielbasi – cut in half width wise and pan fried
I made our mashed potatoes from baked potatoes that I baked the night before. Seasoned with Garlic.
Directions for Kielbasi Sundae:
- Pan Fry your Kielbasi
- Make up your mashed potatoes and season them with garlic, powder or real is up to you.
- Cook your Sauerkraut. I prefer mine pan fried, but you can boil it.
- Cut up your Kielbasi in chunks 1/2 long. This is your bottom layer
- Add Sauerkraut on top.
- Top with scoops of mashed potatoes.
We found this not only fun and tasty but easy to turn into a Kielbasi split. Simply take the kielbasi sliced with wise, put that in a sundae dish and add everything like the sundae. The variety and fun really induced my son to try some of his less favored foods.