If your reading this, you probably love coffee. Who doesn’t? In the summer I love iced coffee, but I hate the price so I’ve found a few ways to make my own. I’ve also asked my wonderful readers to share some of their favorite iced coffee recipes.
The most basic is coffee with ice. However I find that too weak.
Here’s my normal Iced Coffee recipe:
- I make a 10 cup pot of coffee using enough grounds for 14 cups. This makes it nice and strong. I like to use flavored coffee if I have any, usually french vanilla.
- As soon as the pot is done I turn it off and let it cool, then refrigerate.
- When ready for your cup iced coffee, I put in the ice first, I like crushed but cubed is fine too.
- Then I add sugar on top of the ice.
- I add half and half, If I am making a flavored coffee and have that flavor creamer I use that. If not you can use vanilla from your baking cupboard, or those flavored syrups (Just don’t get sugar free, they usually have aspartame.)
- Then I add the coffee, stir and if need be add more of the above.
When I get the time here are some other things I do to spruce it up
- I make espresso and refrigerate that instead of the coffee
- Add Chocolate Syrup to the cup – Iced Mocha Coffee
- Add some protein powder or whey
- make my own ice cubes from the coffee or espresso
A few tasty sounding iced drink recipe’s from you!
- use vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and two shots of cold coffee to make my own mocha java chiller.
- freshly squeezed key limes, plus tangerine over shaved ice and fresh mint
- I like to make lemonade ice cubes and use them in my sweet tea
- Coffee and chocolate syrup with ice blended.
- brewing chicory coffee and pouring it over ice and adding nonfat milk
- use frozen blueberries,fresh fruit and juice in the blender for a frosty treat.
- use frozen berries pureed in a Magic Bullet with a scoop of protein powder.